Amplitude Digital has been working with this well-known snack food company since 2014, after they were referred to us by a former client. They had been working with another search firm for some time and complained of a variety of issues.
- Low organic search traffic, and what was coming in wasn’t driving much revenue.
- Overpriced cost per acquisition in paid search advertising for both branded and non-branded terms.
The Success Factors:
After a full audit of their website that identified several issues that were holding their business back from the organic search greatness, their content, site development, and public relations teams learned how to implement best practices to help their business. After a few months, the company saw revenue from organic search start to increase. By the end of the first year, they had increased revenue from organic by over 6% – and with a company this size, that means hundreds of thousands of dollars!
Meanwhile, we restructured their paid search campaigns to lower costs and increase revenue. Over the course of a year, we increased their average order size to the highest of any channel and increased monthly revenue by over 50%.
We recently started a new paid social media advertising campaign and it already driving thousands of dollars of new revenue without cannibalizing their other channels.
The Secret Sauce:
Assessment and Strategy Development
- Amplitude Digital performed a comprehensive organic and paid search advertising campaign audit to determine problem and success areas
- Created a wide-ranging roadmap of search solutions and enhancements to get the website and Google AdWords accounts on track and profitable.
Repair and Renovation
- The site suffered from many, common issues that impede organic search friendliness, such as duplicate content, poor tagging, and product descriptions that focused on low revenue terms.
- Campaign structure repaired and expanded using advanced PPC advertising tactics such as mirror/silo campaigns for match types, devices, and other targeting options
- Adjusted settings, match types, creative rotations, and various other problem areas to align campaign with known best practices.
- Repaired and expanded their Google AdWords Shopping campaigns.
Continuous Optimization and Expansion
- Constant monitoring of the organic search channel to alert their teams of any issues so that they can be repaired immediately. We also work with the content team on every new post and every new product description.
- Continuous growth program by way of automated keyword expansion and optimization techniques
- Removal of poor performing terms via bid and negative keyword optimization